Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Is it just me or is flying RC aircraft the greatest hobby ever?

I have always enjoyed flying as a passenger - especially in smaller aircraft. I once rode in the co-pilot's seat of an open cockpit plane as the pilot did loops and rolls... was that ever a blast! Several months ago I met some folks who fly RC helicopters and planes and they turned me on to their hobby and past-time. I can't say enough good things about my new hobby and I have had so much fun learning to fly RC airplanes, that my husband, our son and some of our friends have gotten the bug too. My husband and I have formed a new business and you'll never guess what we decided to sell... RC aircraft! Ha! With the economy like it is, it's not the ideal time to start a new business, I know, but we're having a great time with it and it's going pretty well so far.

When you're getting started in this hobby, there's a lot to learn and digest, but that's part of the reward. You learn a whole new jargon or lingo and it keeps your mind sharp! I've noticed that, for kids who fly remote control, it not only improves their hand-to-eye coordination and gets them up-and-about instead of sitting around, but their patience and ability to remain focused gets better too.

Online blogs, forums and articles have helped me tremendously. I am starting this blog to share what I've learned & new stuff I learn down the road and hopefully attract other bloggers who can share their tips and experience with us as well.

Until next time: Have fun, keep it safe, and keep flying!



The Avion IO BiPlane is a great indoor / outdoor electric RC Plane. Read more at Avion IO.

No comments:

Post a Comment