As its title attests, this blog-site is primarily about radio controlled aviation, the fun of flying RC airplanes and helicopters and the joy of sharing the hobby with others. Once in a while, I may post something about aviation in general or write on RC products other than aircraft. This time out, I would like to introduce you to one of the most exciting all-terrain RC vehicles on the market today, XTM Racing’s The Rail, a first and so far only one of its kind 1/8 scale sand rail. In terms of performance and toughness, this four-wheel drive, ready to run buggy is amazingly like its full scale counterpart, easily handling any terrain you choose to run—whether on pavement, dirt, gravel or sand, the Rail rules! And speaking of sand, the Rail’s optional paddle tires promote additional stability and let you run the toughest sand courses without fear of getting stuck.
XTM’s engineers really earned their keep when they designed this buggy, taking special pains to eliminate over-heating with one large fan for the brushless ESC and two for the brushless motor. For maximal durability, XTM went with heavy-duty, oil-filled aluminum shocks and an adjustable suspension. And the Rail comes with Airtronics MX-Sport 2.4GHz radio, with such features as memory for 10-models, ABS brake function, receiver bind button, battery-less memory retention, throttle failsafe and more. The MX-Sport is considered one of the best values out there in a 3-Channel FHSS radio system, and may quickly become your favorite for all your RC cars and trucks.
Another tip of the hat goes to XTM for designing the Rail so that many of their buggy hop-ups and accessories will fit. With its performance characteristics, reliability, and outstanding features, the XTM 1/8 Rail may be just what you are looking for in an off-road RC buggy.
• Heavy-duty brushless matched system with industrial strength brushless ESC and heat-sinked high-torque brushless motor and 3 cooling fans to eliminate over-heating
• Aluminum chassis plate, aluminum side plates and modular aluminum cage
• Threaded aluminum oil-filled shocks with heavy duty shock shafts
• Three race-level adjustable differentials
• Adjustable race-tuned front and rear variable suspension geometry for camber & toe-in
• Standard tire design good for multiple surfaces and optional sand-paddle tires available
• Adjustable wing
• Includes the high-quality, highly-acclaimed Airtronics 2.4GHz MX-Sport radio
• Includes a metal-gear high-torque steering servo
• One or Two 6-cell 7.2V NiMh Batteries or One or Two 2-cell 7.4V LiPo Packs
• Charger for battery
• The one-pack setup requires 2 female 4MM gold connectors with shrink tubing (if not on battery) and the two-pack setup 4 female gold connectors and a jumper extension
• (8) "AA" Alkaline Batteries for Transmitter
XTM Rail 1/8 RTR Buggy
Radio Control Toys